- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered Lion's Mane mushroom
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sliced Lion's Mane mushrooms (can substitute with other mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable broth over low heat.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the Arborio rice to the pot and stir to coat with the onion and garlic mixture.
- Pour in the white wine and stir until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the Lion's Mane mushroom powder, sea salt, and black pepper to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add one ladle of warm vegetable broth to the pot and stir until the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat this process, adding one ladle of broth at a time and stirring until the liquid has been absorbed, until the rice is tender and creamy (this should take about 20-25 minutes).
- In a separate pan, sauté the sliced Lion's Mane mushrooms over medium heat until slightly browned.
- Stir the sautéed Lion's Mane mushrooms, grated Parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley into the risotto.
- Serve the risotto hot, garnished with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.
This Lion's Mane Mushroom Risotto is a decadent and flavorful way to enjoy this medicinal mushroom. The Lion's Mane mushroom powder adds a subtle earthy flavor whilst also offering a range of health benefits due to its excellent nutritional profile.
Enjoy Fellow Foragers!